Sunday 22 June 2014

Happy Day 38 Breakfast at Big Bear Lake




Perfect weather and a chance to escape the heat of the valley floor lead us to Big Bear Lake. We found a restaurant called The Log Cabin where we sat on the patio and I enjoyed a breakfast of hash  and hash browns, rye toast and 2 fried eggs over easy.  A cute pooch was out there begging. Seems he lives in a nearby house but knows a good meal when he smells ones.
Then we cruised over to see the lake, and on the way home we visited a thrift store. I bought a craft book aimed at teenage girls and a bag of stuffing for crochet animals that I like to make. I was tempted by a cool painting of Kokopelli. But I have nowhere to hang the paintings I already have so I passed on it.
Then we had a twisty curvy drive back to Lucerne Valley and triple digit temps. 

Breakfast at the Log Cabin Restaurant in Big Bear, CA

Christmas Bear at the Hummingbird Project Thrift Store

The Lovely Big Bear Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment