Saturday 8 March 2014

Some Thoughts On Persistence

A thought on persistence and feeling good: Sometimes persistence can be a bad thing. For example, I'll start playing an online game and it feels good, so I play it more. At some point it stops being fun and yet I keep playing it. Because I have a value system that says persistence pays off and you shouldn't quit until you win or are done or whatever. I tend to keep hitting the flippers long after the thrill is gone. That applies to many things...lovers, crafts, food, careers. I need to learn to let go of things quicker. To maybe once an hour ask myself, 'Does this still feel good? If not, what can I do now that will make me happy?' So on that note, I'm going outside to knit, but only as long as it makes me happy.
Mushroom Biome on Minecraft

Mooshrooms on Minecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment