Sunday 11 May 2014

A Strange Mother's Day

My life has been a whirlwind of trips to and from Monrovia to clear out the house my boyfriend's mom lived in (and subsequently died in). So much stuff it's backbreaking. Right now I'm at the point where I can't pick anything up off the floor because it hurts too much.

We are back home again still waiting on the death certificates before we can proceed. Once that happens we'll have to rent a moving van and storage facility, finish cleaning, and hopefully the buyer won't back out before all is said and done. We are selling the mobile home as is, but in her opinion that means whack $5000 off the price. But I'm not the executor and it's not my decision to make. I would have dumped her at the get-go and found a buyer who was easier to work with.

My real task is to lend moral support, clean as much as I can, and maybe sell stuff on Ebay down the road. My daughter helped by taking a lot of the furniture, toys, and doodads off of our hands.

Mostly I just wanted to vent because it's Mother's Day and Joyce was like a 2nd mom to me. So I'm either going to cry or get mad. Seems I only have 2 modes today.

At least we are at home today and it's a beautiful day. The tanagers are back. A chipmunk was just drinking from the water bowl. I need to go outside and fill them back up. The birdbath is empty. It's so hot the water evaporates. I guess I should move it into the shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment