Saturday 3 November 2012

Good Morning From Lucerne Valley CA

This morning I saw two chickens in my neighbors yard. One was red and one was gold. I thought I'd heard chickens clucking but this was the first time I'd seen any.

She has funny looking guniea fowl. They make a chirping sound unique in the bird world.
They mosey through our  yard around sunset on most days.

I put out a dish of  bird seed for the tweety birds.  I haven't seen any yet this morning. I think they are waiting for it to warm up a bit. They ate the tortilla pieces I put out yesterday.

I think I sprained my pinky and the finger next to it when I fell down yesterday so this will be a short post. No point irritating it more with typing.

It's so beautiful out this morning with the sun streaming into my living room window washing the hills in pink and gold light. I'm going to take it easy today and enjoy my new home in the desert.
I got some new plants. I hope they do okay in the heat and the cold.


Years ago when I lived in Carson I had a plant like this. They bloomed nearly constantly. So I'm happy to have another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment