Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wrapping Up NaNoWrimo and NaBloPoMo

I'm killing two birds with one stone today, making my last November post for National Blog Posting Month as well as submitting my last few words to National Novel Writing Month.

I'd planned to write all day for NaNoWriMo, but alas it was not to be. My plans today just flew out the window. I knew I was vaguely planning to go up the coast for my grandson's first birthday and my daughter's housewarming party in December.  What I failed to realize was that to get to the party on Dec. 3, I need to be on the train tomorrow.  Tomorrow is Thursday and the train isn't too bad. Fridays however, tend to be stuffed as business commuters and people going out of town for the weekend are all looking for a seat.

So I had to drop everything, pack, reserve a ticket, decide what projects to take, do laundry, get my cell phone working again, arrange rides to and from the train station, and all those niggling little things a person has to do before going out of town for a few days. Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to it. I just didn't realize it would be such a time crunch. December is going to be to hectic, so I won't be signing on to do another daily blog here.  Maybe in January when I'm a year old and wiser.
An old friend just sent me this photo. This is what I looked like about 35 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment